The Neighbourhood Plan is being put to a public referendum on Thursday 6 July. Everyone on the Electoral Roll in the Highgate Neighbourhood Forum Area will receive a polling card in the usual way. We hope you will support the plan prepared over the last few years by members of the community. Find out more about voting .
You can read a summary of the Plan.
- Has been produced for the community by local community groups and individuals;
- Gives you a say in how our community cash (CIL monies) should be spent;
- Protects our woods, parks, gardens, allotments and other green spaces;
- Supports our high streets and protects our historic buildings and views;
- Promotes walking, cycling and public transport;
- Lays down planning rules for Highgate across the Borough boundary, including breakthrough new regulations on basements;
- Identifies sites to provide affordable housing for ‘down-sizers’ and first time buyers, as well as exciting community projects at The Bowl and the old Highgate overground station.
The Plan does NOT:
Include any plans for the Highgate Library
Mean we are calling for development on the Key Sites – rather, it ensures the community will have a say should the owners decide to develop in the future
Vote YES on Thursday 6 July!