This is a snapshot of Highgate in numbers, at the time we published the Neighbourhood Plan in 2017:
- 18,000 residents in 8,000 households
- about 3,300 under 30s and 3,300 over 60s
- covers nearly 5m sq metres – equivalent to 700 football pitches
- gained 1,800 people, a 10% increase in the last decade
- 27% of it is garden, and 44% green space
- reported 1,600 crimes in the past year, one for every five households with anti-social behaviour and vehicle crime topping the list
- over a half owner occupiers and a third who rent privately
- has more road (11% of area) than domestic buildings (9%)
- 7,000 cars owned by its residents
- three out of ten residents born abroad
- contains schools with more than 3,000 pupils
- about 1,000 residents aged over 75 and 140 over 90
Transition Highgate and HNF have been granted Bounce Forward funding from the Transition Network to take forward a project delivering local climate action. The three core elements of the project are; a local pop-up info and exchange space, Community Top 10 local...
The Covid Pandemic has had an impact on Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) spending in both Haringey and Camden and will do so for some time to come. In Haringey, they have decided to postpone consulting on Round 2 Neighbourhood CIL projects until 2022. This is...
Highgate Neighbourhood Forum response to Haringey Local Plan Consultation January 2021 The Highgate Neighbourhood Forum welcomes the opportunity to comment on the new Local Plan for Haringey and looks forward to working with the Council to deliver improvements in the...