This is a snapshot of Highgate in numbers, at the time we published the Neighbourhood Plan in 2017:
- 18,000 residents in 8,000 households
- about 3,300 under 30s and 3,300 over 60s
- covers nearly 5m sq metres – equivalent to 700 football pitches
- gained 1,800 people, a 10% increase in the last decade
- 27% of it is garden, and 44% green space
- reported 1,600 crimes in the past year, one for every five households with anti-social behaviour and vehicle crime topping the list
- over a half owner occupiers and a third who rent privately
- has more road (11% of area) than domestic buildings (9%)
- 7,000 cars owned by its residents
- three out of ten residents born abroad
- contains schools with more than 3,000 pupils
- about 1,000 residents aged over 75 and 140 over 90
October news, events and campaigns New Archway Road Action Group A group of local people, including some from the Highgate Neighbourhood Forum, will be getting together in November to talk about Archway Road. Can we support one another to make Archway Road a greener...
We are pleased to report that our CIL-funded replacement street trees have at last been planted around Highgate. Our friends in the Cholmeleys have sent the following pics to show us how their trees are flourishing. Do send us more pics of the trees in your street.
We have had an update from Haringey Parks Project Officer Jake Jones on our two CIL-fuinded play projects: Parkland Walk Play We are looking to install a play trail using natural materials which help people connect with Parkland Walk through play. This scheme has been...