This is a snapshot of Highgate in numbers, at the time we published the Neighbourhood Plan in 2017:
- 18,000 residents in 8,000 households
- about 3,300 under 30s and 3,300 over 60s
- covers nearly 5m sq metres – equivalent to 700 football pitches
- gained 1,800 people, a 10% increase in the last decade
- 27% of it is garden, and 44% green space
- reported 1,600 crimes in the past year, one for every five households with anti-social behaviour and vehicle crime topping the list
- over a half owner occupiers and a third who rent privately
- has more road (11% of area) than domestic buildings (9%)
- 7,000 cars owned by its residents
- three out of ten residents born abroad
- contains schools with more than 3,000 pupils
- about 1,000 residents aged over 75 and 140 over 90
A crime prevention event is being held on Saturday 13 October (10am - 4pm) at Hornsey Library (Haringey Park, Crouch End). You can meet and speak with local Police officers from Highgate and Crouch End Safer Neighbourhood Team and meet various providers of services to...
The Re-imagining Highgate Community Drawing Workshop was one of the many events that took place during the Highgate Festival. The HNF hosted a workshop where we gathered ideas and drawings from pupils at St Michael's and Highgate Primary schools. With help...
The Highgate Festival has been revived to celebrate all the things the community love about Highgate.