This is a snapshot of Highgate in numbers, at the time we published the Neighbourhood Plan in 2017:
- 18,000 residents in 8,000 households
- about 3,300 under 30s and 3,300 over 60s
- covers nearly 5m sq metres – equivalent to 700 football pitches
- gained 1,800 people, a 10% increase in the last decade
- 27% of it is garden, and 44% green space
- reported 1,600 crimes in the past year, one for every five households with anti-social behaviour and vehicle crime topping the list
- over a half owner occupiers and a third who rent privately
- has more road (11% of area) than domestic buildings (9%)
- 7,000 cars owned by its residents
- three out of ten residents born abroad
- contains schools with more than 3,000 pupils
- about 1,000 residents aged over 75 and 140 over 90
Households in Highgate will soon be receiving their copies of the newly published Highgate Guide to Volunteering. Distributed to 9,000 letter boxes in N6, the guide lists as many as 125 different opportunities for volunteering offered by 21 local voluntary...
Haringey Council are currently consulting on a proposal for a small social housing scheme on the American Car Wash site within the Wellington Gyratory (where the A1 enters Highgate from the North). You can see the detail and comment on it here. The HNF have a number...
Season's greetings everyone! Fun times in Highgate as Christmas approaches: Christmas Lights are being organised by local estate agents Prickett & Ellis, Winkworths and Taylor Gibbs - you can drop a donation into their offices Sat 4 Dec Harington Christmas Sale...