This is a snapshot of Highgate in numbers, at the time we published the Neighbourhood Plan in 2017:
- 18,000 residents in 8,000 households
- about 3,300 under 30s and 3,300 over 60s
- covers nearly 5m sq metres – equivalent to 700 football pitches
- gained 1,800 people, a 10% increase in the last decade
- 27% of it is garden, and 44% green space
- reported 1,600 crimes in the past year, one for every five households with anti-social behaviour and vehicle crime topping the list
- over a half owner occupiers and a third who rent privately
- has more road (11% of area) than domestic buildings (9%)
- 7,000 cars owned by its residents
- three out of ten residents born abroad
- contains schools with more than 3,000 pupils
- about 1,000 residents aged over 75 and 140 over 90
Highgate Covid19 Mutual Aid Groups In light of the current pandemic, many people will need to self isolate and will need assistance. There are a number of grassroot initiatives for help and support popping up, and we encourage everyone to link with their local streets...
An exciting project to transform the current makeshift BMX tracks next to Highgate Library on Shepherds Hill into a multi use loop and active outdoor zone for children and young people has been approved to go forward into Round 1 of Haringey CIL spending...
A project to create a natural play space on the Parkland Walk (next to the Miltons entrance) has been approved to go forward into Round 1 CIL spending in Haringey this Spring. Taking a multi-generational approach, it will offer opportunities to sit, watch...