This is a snapshot of Highgate in numbers, at the time we published the Neighbourhood Plan in 2017:
- 18,000 residents in 8,000 households
- about 3,300 under 30s and 3,300 over 60s
- covers nearly 5m sq metres – equivalent to 700 football pitches
- gained 1,800 people, a 10% increase in the last decade
- 27% of it is garden, and 44% green space
- reported 1,600 crimes in the past year, one for every five households with anti-social behaviour and vehicle crime topping the list
- over a half owner occupiers and a third who rent privately
- has more road (11% of area) than domestic buildings (9%)
- 7,000 cars owned by its residents
- three out of ten residents born abroad
- contains schools with more than 3,000 pupils
- about 1,000 residents aged over 75 and 140 over 90
Season's greetings everyone! Fun times in Highgate as Christmas approaches: Christmas Lights are being organised by local estate agents Prickett & Ellis, Winkworths and Taylor Gibbs - you can drop a donation into their offices Sat 4 Dec Harington Christmas Sale...
A number of HNF Committee members have commented on this Action Plan. We hope their thoughts will encourage others to comment on the Plan and, of course, influence Haringey’s future policy. Maggy Meade-King, HNF Secretary and lead HNF Green Working Party We welcome...
Transition Highgate and HNF have been granted Bounce Forward funding from the Transition Network to take forward a project delivering local climate action. The three core elements of the project are; a local pop-up info and exchange space, Community Top 10 local...