This is a snapshot of Highgate in numbers, at the time we published the Neighbourhood Plan in 2017:
- 18,000 residents in 8,000 households
- about 3,300 under 30s and 3,300 over 60s
- covers nearly 5m sq metres – equivalent to 700 football pitches
- gained 1,800 people, a 10% increase in the last decade
- 27% of it is garden, and 44% green space
- reported 1,600 crimes in the past year, one for every five households with anti-social behaviour and vehicle crime topping the list
- over a half owner occupiers and a third who rent privately
- has more road (11% of area) than domestic buildings (9%)
- 7,000 cars owned by its residents
- three out of ten residents born abroad
- contains schools with more than 3,000 pupils
- about 1,000 residents aged over 75 and 140 over 90
How to make the best of Lockdown Life Highgate Festival 2020 goes digital Despite lockdown, we are excited to announce a smaller, online Festival for this year that; celebrates and documents our community in this extraordinary time explores new ways of reaching people...
How To Use Zoom Zoom software allows you to join free face-to-face online meetings for up to 100 participants with free sessions initially limited to 40 minutes.* This page explains how to join a Zoom meeting as a guest. What You Need Before you can participate in any...
AGM cancelled I am sure you will not be surprised to hear that we have cancelled our AGM on on May 5. Rest assured that we will reschedule as soon as we can. In the meantime, the current committee will continue to serve until such time as we can elect a new one. Your...