This is a snapshot of Highgate in numbers, at the time we published the Neighbourhood Plan in 2017:
- 18,000 residents in 8,000 households
- about 3,300 under 30s and 3,300 over 60s
- covers nearly 5m sq metres – equivalent to 700 football pitches
- gained 1,800 people, a 10% increase in the last decade
- 27% of it is garden, and 44% green space
- reported 1,600 crimes in the past year, one for every five households with anti-social behaviour and vehicle crime topping the list
- over a half owner occupiers and a third who rent privately
- has more road (11% of area) than domestic buildings (9%)
- 7,000 cars owned by its residents
- three out of ten residents born abroad
- contains schools with more than 3,000 pupils
- about 1,000 residents aged over 75 and 140 over 90
Arts and education are the driving forces which make Lauderdale House a living breathing historic building. So, when three years’ worth of Lottery money for outreach came through in 2016 we were excited to be able to offer free weekly creative sessions to the young...
The community has come together as never before in response to COVID-19 and the Highgate Festival this year is a wonderful celebration of this. There are over 50 amazing on-line events including music, talks, workshops, exhibitions by 12 local artists, films including...
How to make the best of Lockdown Life Highgate Festival 2020 goes digital Despite lockdown, we are excited to announce a smaller, online Festival for this year that; celebrates and documents our community in this extraordinary time explores new ways of reaching people...