|Season’s greetings everyone! Fun times in Highgate as Christmas approaches:
- Christmas Lights are being organised by local estate agents Prickett & Ellis, Winkworths and Taylor Gibbs – you can drop a donation into their offices
- Sat 4 Dec Harington Christmas Sale 9am-1pm with brass band, crafts, plants and Christmas Trees
- Sat 4 Dec Highgate Choral Society Family Carols at St Michael’s Church 6pm
- Sun 5 Dec HLSI Christmas Cracker Fair 11am-5pm
- Wed 8 Dec Carols in Pond Square 6.30pm + mince pies and mulled wine in Highgate Society
- Lauderdale House: Insieme Festive Musical Feast, Beethoven at Christmas, Santa’s Grotto, Duck Pond Artisans Market, Christmas Carol Singalong
- 17 Dec 2021 – 2 Jan 2022 A Christmas Circus Fairytale at Jacksons Lane
- For full weekly listings, subscribe to the Highgate Hitlist
TfL propose major changes to Highgate buses
Transport for London (TfL) are consulting on changes to bus services through Highgate. These would mean the loss of the 271 (except the night bus) but the rerouting of the 263 through Highgate Village and the 143 up Archway Road. One consequence would be the removal of the 271 bus stand on South Grove. Find out more and have your say here.
Swain’s Lane traffic permanent changes
Camden are proposing to remove the banned right turn from Swain’s Lane into South Grove but permanently keep the banned right turn into Bisham Gardens. Read the full update here.
Sponsor a tree in your street
Haringey tell us that our CIL (Community Infrastructure Levy) replacement street trees will finally be planted this winter – we’ll keep you posted! But if you would like to sponsor a tree in your street, there is a new scheme which makes it easy to do so. Trees for Streets are working in partnership with Haringey to encourage residents to sponsor trees in their streets and to look after ‘their tree” thereafter. Let’s make Highgate even leafier!
Haringey launch Walking and Cycling Action Plan Consultation
You can read and comment on the Action Plan here. The HNF Green Working Party were sent an early draft in the summer and you can read our comments here. We encourage everyone to contribute their views on this important part of Haringey’s Transport Strategy – the consultation ends on 10 January 2022.
London Mayor consulting on sustainable transport and urban greening
The London Plan Team (a part of the Greater London Authority – GLA) is currently consulting on three aspects of London Plan Guidance:
- Sustainable transport, walking and cycling
- Urban greening
- Air quality
This is the advice on implementing the London Plan that is given to developers, boroughs and others. You can find out more, join an event or have your say here.
Chair, Highgate Neighbourhood Forum