This is a snapshot of Highgate in numbers, at the time we published the Neighbourhood Plan in 2017:
- 18,000 residents in 8,000 households
- about 3,300 under 30s and 3,300 over 60s
- covers nearly 5m sq metres – equivalent to 700 football pitches
- gained 1,800 people, a 10% increase in the last decade
- 27% of it is garden, and 44% green space
- reported 1,600 crimes in the past year, one for every five households with anti-social behaviour and vehicle crime topping the list
- over a half owner occupiers and a third who rent privately
- has more road (11% of area) than domestic buildings (9%)
- 7,000 cars owned by its residents
- three out of ten residents born abroad
- contains schools with more than 3,000 pupils
- about 1,000 residents aged over 75 and 140 over 90
20 – 28thJune The Highgate Festival returns for its 3rdyear from 20 – 28thJune, kicking off with the wonderful Fair in the Square. Events get going the next day with a focus on bringing the history of Highgate to life with walks, projects - including the...
Do you need help with your smartphone, tablet or computer? Drop in for free one-to-one advice at our friendly sessions, where we share our challenges and learn from each other over a cup of coffee and biscuits. Highgate Coffee & Computers was set up in 2013 under...
The Highgate Forum is hosting a “re-imagining the high street” event on Thursday 9 May between 6:00 – 8:30pm. It is really topical as recent weeks have seen a couple of shops close and another charity shop open its doors. Depressing perhaps, but it’s always best to...